Sweeps was launched at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and the startup resources were a tremendous help.
A few years later, members of the entrepreneurial team banded together with local investors to create a co-working space and incubator, Launch Chapel Hill.
The program has been a success, and we at Sweep have been proud to partner with the startup community and provide assistance to the staff at Launch.
Like many co-working spaces and small offices, there is some office staff, but there are needs that arise during events, furniture moving and assembly, cleaning, and more.
Sweeps is often called upon to lend a hand, on jobs such as:
- Furniture moving, assembly, and disassembly
- Event staffing, such as parking help, serving, bartending, and cleanup
- Cleaning and Odd Jobs: recurring office cleaning, seasonal projects, painting touchups, etc.
- and more!
For example, some actual job descriptions have been:
- Move 3 desks and 1 conference table from one office around the corner to storage. The storage room is up a flight of stairs.
- Move a filing cabinet from one office location to another.
- Help moving a large phone booth from one office to another. Measurements on booth to give perspective: 7 ft tall, 46 inches wide, 40 inches deep. Relatively large and heavy from my perspective.
- Need help moving boxes from our office to a donation center nearby. We will load up in the parking lot.
- Remove broken residential dishwasher and install new one that's already at the location. Haul away old dishwasher,
Sweeps has also been able to contribute by providing flexible work for those just starting up, and assisting the startups themselves by providing temporary staff.
As a fully remote company, Sweeps has also taken advantage of working from co-working spaces around the world! We were early members at Raleigh Founded, 1789 in Chapel Hill, and The Frontier at RTP for example, and have been able to gain many partners and friends among the startups there.
If your office or co-working space could use an extra hand, please let us know!