The past few decades have seen an unprecedented rise in the accumulation of stuff. WIth this trend, the size of homes has increased and self storage has boomed.
At the same time, trends are clear that aging seniors prefer to age in place and stay at home. If you or a loved one is downsizing to a more appropriate sized home or one without stairs, we would be happy to assist.
These projects can be as small as one worker for an hour taking items to the thrift store, or can be huge in scope involving multiple Sweepers for weeks. It can be physically and emotionally difficult to conduct this process, so hiring extra help can be a huge help. There are also various programs and government benefits surrounding this process, and Sweepers can help research what assistance is available.
We also sometimes work with professional organizers or senior moving consultants to provide labor only work. If you just need this labor that is totally fine. Or, Sweepers can help with the planning or heavy moving and provide trucks and other equipment.
Other related tasks can also be completed, such as cleaning, organizing, and painting.
Some example tasks we can help with include:
- Organizing the process:documenting items on papers or spreadsheet
- Communicating with all involved: other service companies, family members, etc.
- Heavy lifting: moving furniture and other items.
- Hauling items: moving items to waste facilities or thrift stores.
- Digitizing photos and documents
- Organizing and packing items into boxes
If you have downsizing related projects, get in touch with Sweeps!