Sweeps charges travel fees to compensate Sweepers for traveling to some jobs and for traveling during some jobs. Travel fees are paid directly to Sweepers.
- Sweepers are expected to provide their own transportation to all jobs.
- Sweepers are NOT compensated for getting to and from jobs UNLESS there is a specifically stated travel bonus on the job.
- Travel Payments are based on where the job is in relation to a campus point, NOT where you are coming from as a Sweeper.
You can read more about Sweeper payments at help article.
Travel Payout Process
- If a job has a travel fee, that will be visible on the job. You will be paid this travel fee automatically when the job pays out.
- If a job does not have a stated travel fee, there is not one.
- We can add travel fees when appropriate, such as when a job location is different from the address listed or when extra stops are added.
- Get in touch with us before submitting your timesheet if you think a travel fee should be added. Travel expenses should not be submitted on your timesheet.
- We sometimes pay Sweepers travel bonuses to help us fill jobs. This is an exception and is typically paid as a bonus after the job is paid.
Travel Fees Apply To
- Jobs with locations greater than 10 miles from the nearest campus.
- Jobs that require Sweepers to travel greater than 10 miles as part of working the job.
- If driving is an aspect of the job, ie between job locations, or during deliveries or courier service, the Sweeps hourly rate will be charged in addition to travel fees.
- Note that travel fees may be added to jobs based on additional locations or circumstances.
(Distance from nearest Sweeps Campus Location: Travel Fee)
0-9.9 miles: No Travel Fee
10-19.9 miles: $10 per Sweeper
20-29.9 miles: $14 per Sweeper
30-59.9 miles: $18 per Sweeper
>60 miles: Out of Service Area, Contact Sweeps
We measure distance from the following locations:
(Campus: Campus Measuring Point)
Asheville: UNC-Asheville Campus
Boone: Kidd Brewer Stadium
Charleston: South Carolina Aquarium
Charlotte: Jerry Richardson Stadium
Chapel Hill: UNC Bell Tower
Durham: Duke Chapel
Greensboro: UNCG Baseball Stadium
Greenville: Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
Raleigh: NCSU Bell Tower
Wilmington: Trask Coliseum