Sweeps charges travel fees to compensate Sweepers for traveling to some jobs and for traveling during some jobs. Travel fees are paid directly to Sweepers.
- Sweepers are expected to provide their own transportation to all jobs.
- Sweepers are NOT compensated for getting to and from jobs UNLESS there is a specifically stated travel bonus on the job.
- Travel Payments are based on where the job is in relation to a campus point, NOT where you are coming from as a Sweeper.
You can read more about Sweeper payments at help article.
Travel Fee Amounts
- 0-9.9 miles: No Travel Fee
- 10-19.9 miles: $12.00 per Sweeper
- 20-29.9 miles: $16.00 per Sweeper
- 30-59.9 miles: at least $20.00 per Sweeper, when this degree of travel is involved we may be in touch to suggest travel fee solutions, typically defaulting to the federal rate of 65.5c/mile.
- >60 miles: Out of Service Area, Contact Sweeps
Travel Payout Process
- If a job has a travel fee, that will be visible on the job. You will be paid this travel fee automatically when the job pays out.
- If a job does not have a stated travel fee, there is not one.
- We can add travel fees when appropriate, such as when a job location is different from the address listed or when extra stops are added.
- Get in touch with us before submitting your timesheet if you think a travel fee should be added. Travel expenses should not be submitted on your timesheet.
- We sometimes pay Sweepers travel bonuses to help us fill jobs. This is an exception and is typically paid as a bonus after the job is paid.
Travel Fees Criteria
Travel fees apply to the following jobs:
- Jobs with locations greater than 10 miles from the nearest campus.
- Jobs that require Sweepers to travel greater than 10 miles as part of working the job.
- If driving is an aspect of the job, ie between job locations, or during deliveries or courier service, the Sweeps hourly rate will be charged in addition to travel fees.
- Note that travel fees may be added to jobs based on additional locations or circumstances.
Travel Fee Locations
We measure distance from the following locations:
- Atlanta: Georgia Aquarium
- Auburn: Jordan-Hare Stadium
- Austin: Republic Square
- Asheville: UNC-Asheville Campus
- Boone: Kidd Brewer Stadium
- Charleston: South Carolina Aquarium
- Charlotte: Jerry Richardson Stadium
- Chapel Hill: UNC Bell Tower
- Clemson: Littlejohn Coliseum
- College Station: Kyle Field
- Columbia: University of South Carolina
- Durham: Duke Chapel
- Greensboro: UNCG Baseball Stadium
- Greenville: Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
- Lincoln: State Capitol
- Lubbock: Jones AT&T Stadium
- Miami: FTX Arena
- Minneapolis: Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Nashville: Country Music Hall of Fame
- New York City: Grand Central Station
- Omaha: University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Raleigh: NCSU Bell Tower
- San Antonio: The Alamo
- Washington DC: United States Capitol
- Wilmington: Trask Coliseum